10.26.2008

"Friends"

"Have you ever been stabbed in the back
By someone you thought was really cool
Did they steal your heart or was it money
Or was it lies they told
Strangers just disguised as your friends
Never again ‘cause now you know

That friends will let you down
Friends won't be around
When you need them most
Where are your friend

Friends are hard to find
Friends, yours and mine
I'm talkin' ‘bout your friends" - Jody Watley - "Friends"

So I was having a conversation with an old(well not so old) friend of mines and
she brought to light of a situation that she was dealing with and she asked for my advice.
So she explained it all to me and I gave her some advice.

So it just made me think about the times that folks would stab you in the back just for any reason.
It could be in the workplace, church, someone that you knew forever and a day. They are all of capable of
sticking that sharp metal knife in your back and twisting it.

"
Every now and then I get a little easy
I let a lot of people depend on me
I never though they would ever deceive me
Don't you know when times got rough I was standing on my own
I'll never let another get that close to me
You see I've grown a lot smarter now
Sometimes you have to choose and then you'll see
If your friends is true they'll be there with you
Through the thick and thin
" - TLC - "What About Your Friends"

My mother would always tell me while I was coming up, that not everyone is going to be your friend.
I would always think that she was being mean because was always telling me things that she said was for my
good. So then when I would hang out with these so called "friends", I would see things they do that was against my judgment and how some of them were two faced as hell. But in that song that I quoted from TLC, they hit the nail right on the head. I guess some people have their reasons as for what they do.

"
First I see 'em then I don't, they disappear
First she tried to slit my throat,now she ain't there
" - Lil Kim - "Backstabbers"

So now my circle remains small because of past dealings with others. I may associate with some but they don't get that
friend title. It takes a lot for you to be even included in the circle. So I just stay to myself and avoid those politics as usual. Jay-Z did say once that "
If every nigga in your clique is rich your clique is rugged, Nobody will fall cause everyone will be each others crutches." Well I've had too many crutches broken in my lifetime and I'm standing on my own.




0 comments: