10.04.2008

I Should've Brought My Camera =0/

So pretty much, I went to a great fucking concert last night. This show was just awesome overall. Estelle is a great singer and she had the crowd moving. She performed songs such as Wait A Minute(Just A Touch), More Than Friends, Pretty Please(Love Me) and American Boy.
She also brought Travis from GCH out to do a song...can't think of it right now. I'll google it later.

So then it was a brief intermission, while they removed Estelle's set and set up for Gym Class Heroes. The lights go down and that's when the band emerged on the stage. If you ever go to a Gym Class Heroes show, you'll be in for a treat. I mean thoroughly entertained. They performed songs from Papercut Chronicles, As Cruel As School Children, and new release The Quilt. Damn I should have brought my camera. They did bring out Estelle to do Guilty Until Proven Innocent and this one white chick to do Drnk Txt Romeo. I just realized that they didn't perform New Friend Request or Don't Tell Me It's Over. Actually I wanted to hear Live Forever(Fly With Me).

Finally the main acts of the evening came to the stage, The Roots. Now being as though I'm a new listener to The Roots (although I've known that they have been around since the 90's) they did a medley of hits such as You Got Me, Rising Up, Get Busy, and that other song where they are performing on stage and the curtain opens and closes. That song just slipped my mind.

But overall the show was great. The only issues were that they were late doing sound check and people kept wanting to come to the front when it was already tight as is.

Well I'm done here. Catch me on Plurk...later on Twitter.

0 comments: