10.02.2008

No Title(Just Listen To Me)

So my grandmother's birthday is next week and I suggested to my mother that we do something nice for her. Now my grandmother and I have this running question and answer thing that dates back to when I was little:

Me: Grandma, how old are you?

Grandma: I'm 41 Derek.

Me: 41? When you gonna be 100?

So each year that her birthday comes around, we've always counted down the years until she answers my question. But sometimes, the way this thing called life works, we don't always get our questions answered. It happens to the everyone that has something planned for the future and something deters it from being answered.

Now back to my original post, when you lose someone that was close but you never get to patch up things that might have needed it. For example, I was watching an episode of Home Improvement one night. So Jill's father asked could he come visit her and what not. So she came up with some excuse about being tired from school. Then they very next day, her father passed away. So she was feeling that regret that she turned her father away and now she wouldn't get a chance to get that back.

So when that happens, does that person live a life long guilt? They wanted to make up with that old friend/relative and it can never be. This is why I say that beef is fuckin wack. It's not point to it. Yeah you are mad at that person but whatever the reason is, fuck it and bury that shit. Life is too short to be holding grudges.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I most definitely agree which is why one of the best pieces of advice I got was to never let anyone go to sleep mad at you...you never know if that person is gonna wake up tomorrow.

so did you decide what you're gonna do for grandma's birthday??