2.21.2009

New Phone/Happy Holiday thoughs...

So today, I was fed up with my phone and the infamous white screen. So I made a trip to the Sprint store and my phone was replaced. So I'm cool on that. Well except for the fact that I have to add my ringtones back. Right now I'm listening to Turn My Swag On w/ Jeezy, Wayne and Fab. Speaking of Weezy, I'm going to see him in concert next month.. well mainly I'm going to the show to see Gym Class Heroes. I still live with the theory that the best fans are the ones that sit in the nosebleeds.

Now on to the main reason of this blog:

Joe Budden is dropping Padded Room on Tuesday. We know that. But he has a track on there called "Happy Holidays." So if you saw the live studio session webcast, this was one of the songs that he was working on. This song is one of my favorites on the album.

"I spark stoves, disregard cautious
cuz my heart's cold carrying cargo
No offense, I don't need a phone call or present
I mean honestly I don't want none of y'all present, cuz
I won't pretend like my everyday struggle is going away
so I'm gonna treat it like it's just any normal day"

"If they aint tell me tomorrow was Halloween, i'd have never known
I never been the type to keep up with dates, so while
Everybody is puttin they mask on
Nigga I rock mine all year
Just to avoid stares
To come across as a nigga who cares, so to my peers
I could look like i'm really sincere"

"Cuz they know I see 'em all as mere
Don't love yall enough to let u see me bare
Let you see how he's impaired
Nah, i'm not there
We tend to run from anything weird
At least on halloween y'all will stay right there."

Those verses that I posted are my favorites parts of the song... I just relate to them just while listening Joey spit. Especially the part where he said don't love ya'll enough to let u see me bare. I've held back on folks on purpose. I've seen when others bare their souls and it gets used against them down the road. So to avoid that, I don't give everyone 100%.

Go cop the album.


1 comments:

T.I.P. of the Iceburg said...

i never been at a concert before :(

i wished i had a new phone as well. bleh. congrats on the replacement :0)

oh thats what u meant by padded room...i really have no stamps in my black card at this point...lol.