8.02.2008

It's Saturday!!

So like I added some new songs to the playlist and I need to stop procrastinating and get to the barbershop.

Anyway, as much as I think DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince "Summertime" is a classic, I think that it's time for a new one.

My choices:

1. Maino feat. Deemi - Summertime - This song might be a few years old but just the description of it, shows how summers are in the hood. Fire hydrants showers, going to the amusement parks, cookouts!!!

2. Beyonce feat. Ghostface Killah - Summertime - Now this song is talking about finding love in the heated season. Ghostface kicks off his verse like this

"I use to sit back and analyze on how we first met
A year ago on the barbershop steps
You and your friends walked past me
I called you back like "come here sexy have a word with you yet, please?"
Congratulations on bein my gift
God wrapped you up tight and he preserved my wish
I'm not a psychic it's just that I'm in tune with such"
I swear the vibes got heavy when we got real close"

Yeah but it's just a suggestion but I haven't even watched the video for the original summertime...

Anyway, enjoy your Saturday people.

0 comments: