8.20.2008

Straight Shooting It..

Sitting here listening to Dear Diary
Feeling the emotional tone and embracing the beat
Realizing that I keep those feelings bottled up
When it unleashes, it seems like cold winters waiting for heat
Things on my mind, choices, decisions to be made
You can read the process on my face as I walk these streets

Rather walk solo than be voiceless in a group
Play the background although I want to be in the spotlight
Lord know there's a star inside of me
But I'd rather stay dim than attract attention by shining bright
Too much of that places a target on your back
Subliminal shots rang out...BULLSEYE...That's the end of your plight

Some think I'm funny acting and my tone is rude
But when you've walk down my road and faced what I had to
It makes you a cautious more like a no nonsense dude
Of course they don't understand
Just because they aren't being catered to
I don't need your friendship...Alone I'll stand

She didn't share my vision
So I had to separate myself
Align myself within another division
Bad experiences within my past have me scared for the future
Not trying to have this end with a head on collision
Hoping that in due time these old wounds will heal
Sat alone crying in the dark, I was begging her for mercy
Pray that I can escape these bad memories get em zipped and sealed
Trying to save face by cutting deals with the devil
Nowhere else to turn cuz I'm fresh out of appeals.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

-poetry snaps-



ooooh snap! I like this.

Anonymous said...

rather walk solo than be in a voiceless crowd...I really like that line

this is really good babe

ape james said...

*snap snap

"I'd rather stay dim than attract attention by shining bright
Too much of that places a target on your back
Subliminal shots rang out...BULLSEYE...That's the end of your plight"

DOPENESS!!!