3.23.2008

Deep Inside

Well as you know(or may not know), I am like a huge Mary J. Blige fan. And the other day, I had posted her Deep Inside video as my video of the day on Myspace. As always when I listen to the song, I try to analyze what is the meaning behind those lyrics.

"
I don't have a lot of friends
And sometimes I have to wonder
Is it cash they see when they look at me
Cause they're looking for a ride that's free
So I made the choice to be
Good to those who were good to me
Don't judge me or think I'm bitter
For the evil God's allowed me to see
I'm just Mary"

How many times have we looked deep inside the ones that we consider to be "friends"?

Seems as if we may just look at them because they are like us, have similar interests etc. But if you were to search deep inside of them, what would you find?

Same as the ones that we date. Is it that we are steady looking for that perfect mate when we should look for the ones that make mistakes and own up to them. Ones that aren't in it for the sex, money and rock n roll.

I saw Meet The Browns today.

Pretty good movie to say the least.

Finally good to see David and Tamara doing a Tyler Perry movie.

Now being as though I've seen most of Tyler Perry movies/plays, I need to make one request and I think a whole lot of other people would agree:

STOP BEING SO SIMPLE!!!!!

I mean every play/movie it's built around the same formula.

I think he just need to add depth into his writing, instead of keeping up with the same ol woman down on luck, has kids,
something happens, etc etc etc.

Well I'm tired. So everyone have a great Easter.

1 comments:

Jocey. said...

Tyler Perry played himself out with the quickness.