3.09.2008

Thoughts..

As I sit here and listen to this song that was done by Faith Evans and Jay-Z(look it up dummies), I think about the times that I've been "left alone". I never was really the one who needed someone for dependency. If a person didn't want to deal with me anyone, it was fine. I cut my losses and moved on. But everyone has those days where they need someone to talk to. Someone that will assure them that things will be just fine. With everyone, I've tried to be a great friend. But some cases it succeed and in others it failed. I used to think, "Oh let me make myself available so that if so and so needs to talk then I'll be here to talk to them." But now, I've come to realize that not everyone doesn't want to hear the truth. Since the truth can be damaging to their soul and it can cause them to hate you.

Reese(Conscience): Derek?

Me: Yes?

Reese: Newsflash...You're not a SUPERHERO DUMMY!

Me: But, I thought that I was doing the right thing.

Reese: You fucking idiot. You really think they're going to listen to what you have to say? Half of the time they are laughing at you behind your back. But that's just the nice side of you. Ol Derek trying to please the world. Make everyone happy. Muthafucka let them live their own lives. Then once you give your advice, half of the time they don't listen. So why waste your breath talking?

Me: I mean I guess your right then.

Reese: I've been with you for 28 years and we've seen it all. So you got to learn when to let them go.

Time to say goodbye.

0 comments: