8.12.2009

Slaughterhouse



Four MC's representing from four cities coming together for 1 purpose: HIP-HOP!!!

Joe Budden from New Jersey, Joell Ortiz from Brooklyn, Royce Da 5'9 from Detroit and Crooked I from Long Beach are the supergroup known as Slaughterhouse. They released their album which was dubbed, Slaugust 11th. From the opening track, they let it be known that it's SERIOUS BUSINESS. On the opening track, Sound Off, you get a glimpse of how they formed together like Voltron. I really enjoyed Joell Ortiz's description of how he's always hungry so that's why he's the torso. On Not Tonight, the gang takes over the track that was once used previously (I know it's a recession but damn lol). Lead single, The One has a rock feel to it. In the last verse, Joe claims he's Melo so he's looking for Lala (Love that line). I'm not really gonna go deep into a review because that could take all day. But the whole album to me from start to finish, is worth the $9.99 @ Best Buy.

As I was telling someone via Twitter, this album is what hip-hop needed. Doesn't matter if you love them or hate them (Folks on JBTV are brutal.), this is what the game needed. Yeah I know Lil Wayne claimed to had brought it back to life on Dr. Carter but Slaughterhouse has it up and running again. This album made me a fan of Royce and Crooked I. You know how you may hear a person rhyme but not really pay any attention to them, well those two opened my ears alot. This album has the feel to take me back to when Ready To Die, Illmatic, The Chronic, Doggystyle, Reasonable Doubt and other classic albums were released. I know I'm gonna catch hell for comparing this album those that I mentioned but that's just me. I know artists put their heart and soul into what they do. (Wait.. some are just pure lazy. Seriously, how can Gucci Mane be taken serious as an artist?) But if I don't get that same feeling that I get when I first heard Ready To Die, then it won't persuade me to go buy that album.

I hope this album sells well because you are getting your monies worth.

0 comments: