6.05.2008

True Love.

"To be with you would be like paradise
Everything would be so nice (so nice), so right (so right)
The joy you bring to me makes me feel so
Good inside
It's so right (so right), so high
Just thinkin about you
And my feelings i just can't hide" - Mary J. Blige "Share My World"

So rare that we meet a person where just everything is so right about them.

The way they look at you when you say a smart remark.
The way they touch you when you're watching a movie.
The way they just hold you during those late nights.

"
Shorty I'm there for you anytime you need me
For real girl, it's me in your world, believe me
Nuttin make a man feel better than a woman
Queen with a crown that be down for whatever
There are few things that's forever, my lady
We can make war or make babies
Back when I was nothin
You made a brother feel like he was somethin
That's why I'm with you to this day boo no frontin
Even when the skies were gray
You would rub me on my back and say "Baby it'll be okay"
Now that's real to a brother like me baby" - Method Man "You're All I Need"

"And the woman
That you left for this heifer got a college degree coming" - Jay-Z "Fallin"

First starting off with Meth's verse, today you rarely have a
strong woman that will hold you down, especially when things are low
(funds and morale) and will ride things out until that light at the
end of the tunnel comes shining through. When you have that person
that will make sacrifices of their own for your benefit, then you
know that person loves you more than anything.

Now with the line from "Fallin", when we lose sight of what that woman has done for us(I also could've quoted
"Song Cry") and she gets fed up with your ways, she's going to move on. Then years down the road, she's going to
be successful while you're on that hard luck wishing that you wouldn't have done her wrong.

"You can cry a river til an ocean starts to flow yeah
But she will always remember 'cause she's a woman scorned
And if you ever get her back it will never be the same
She's cuttin' the corners of her eyes every time she sees your face
Now your trust is out the door she don't want you no more
You used to tell your boys not me and she will always be there for you
If you took the time to see what that woman meant to you
Is what the mirror said to me" - R. Kelly "When A Woman's Fed Up"


Or you could end up like how R. Kelly was in this song.

So you might see two people together that might give you that
"What the hell does he/she see in that person"

"Girl 1: True, true. Just look at him, just look at his disposition!" - Ol Dirty Bastard
"Don't U Know"

"
And every guy in the parking lot wants to rob me of my girl
And my heart and soul, and everybody wants to treat me so cold
But i know i love you and you love me
There's no other lover for you or me
You're my lady" - D'Angelo "Lady"


And there it is.

You have those that don't care about the looks, the money, cars, etc. They see you for who you are on the inside. You might
have that charm to cheer them up with they are down. And that's why they love you. That's why they are with you. Not the flashy person with the
nice car or the athlete that is soon on their way to that pro contract. They are with you. Don't lose sight of that. It's people that would kill to have
the type of person that you have.

2 comments:

The Motivated Mama said...

Congrats on graduating. You've been putting up a lot of lyrics on your blogs what's with that? But I feel what you're saying!

mai. said...

This was very nice to read. I loved ALL the quotes and such just made me start to rethink things.

And how people say "you really don't know what you got till its gone"

And that is true...
It really is.