6.04.2008

One Chapter Closed...New One Begins



Well today, I received my degree from my school. As I look at it, I think about the long road traveled in order for me to get to this step. The long nights finishing up a paper, the days of heading to class when I really didn't feel like going and the numerous pushes that I have received from those that truly cared. Seeing the looks on my mother and my grandmother faces showed how proud they were. The fact that my father came(although I didn't see him) was something truly wonderful in its own way. How she came four hours away to be there for this occasion, shows that she must love me. I have made friends, lost some but I thank everyone who has played a part in my life up to this point. I know that I can be difficult at times, but hey we all are in our own way.

So this summer, I have plenty of moves to make. Things that I need to get right so that I can move on with my life. Around a year a ago this time, I was preparing to make a life altering change. And as the saying goes "gotta get to heaven by going through hell." But now that she has arrived, everything is so much better.

Another thing that is on the horizon, is that the long drag out fight between Obama and Clinton has finally come to an end. I for one, is happy that it's over. They dragged this out long enough and I figured that the loser would want to become the VP candidate.

"
Cause I’m leaving you for the last time baby
You think you’re loving,
But you don’t love me
And I’ve been confused

An outta my mind lately
You think you’re loving,
But you don’t love me
I want to be free, baby
You’ve hurt me." - Duffy "Warwick Avenue"

I listen to this album almost everyday because
what she's singing I can reflect on how things were in the past.
But now that things are more better, I just allow the love that she has to flow on through.



"I sometimes get worried
And i wonder why i worry
Cause i know that i will make it through the storm

I'm tryin not to lose my cool
Because if in this world i do
The only person that's gonna miss out on everything is me" - Mary J. Blige "Keep Your Head"

I truly love Mary's "Share My World" album. I was like 17 when I cop this on the cassette tape (ancient days).
When you listen to the older stuff now, you appreciate that artist for all the hard work they put into their music.






So there it is...the closing of one chapter and the start of a new one.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratz we need more of our people with a degree!