6.13.2008

Not Dating For All The Wrong Reasons.

"Oh girl I know that you're
Attracted to me
And I should feel the same
About you
There's just something wrong
I don't know what it is
That keeps us from becoming a two

It's not your looks, you're very pretty
It's not your style, the way you dress is oh so fresh
It's not the way that you carry yourself

Oh, girl I'm sorry
You're not my kind of girl
Case you're the kind of girl That a man's dreams are made of

Oh girl I'm sorry
You're not my kind of girl

cause you're the kind of girl
that a man would be proud to call his own" - New Edition

A convo that I had with someone recently prompted me to think about this track by N.E.

You not dating a person because he/she doesn't fit the type of person that you're looking for.

Now of course if the person looked "ugly" or what not, of course you're going to reject that person faster than Gasol's soft layup.

But what if that person has nice, attractive features.

What would prevent you from dating them?

Attitudes plays a huge factor in this. Someone too cocky or conceited tends to offset their features.

Maybe that person is known for their traits or habits.

Rocking the playa way like Eightball & MJG.

Now at first, when you hear a person say "Looks aren't everything"

I thought that statement would be true, but a person has their limits.

Not everyone is going to be attracted to you or vice versa.

Just a thought to put out there.


2 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

Thank you thank you thank you for saying Gasol's lay-up is soft... people be trying to act like he's a factor... NOT

Boston all day baby!... One more to go.

Sorry... this post wasnt even about the finals was it?

Anonymous said...

What's with personal attack on the Lakers?? *sneer* other than that good post