7.23.2009

Mental Poem (You May Not Understand)

Stuck in a writing rut
Trying to pen lines about my struggles
But that's up to me to solve those puzzles
Wanted to write about her but I rather have her in my wings
Seeing her smile and hearing the melodies that she sings
But quickly that vanished and now I'm back to my reality
Hi I'm Derek Maurice writer, producer and star of this fantasy
Wait...I pinched myself I don't need to dream about imperfections
When I put myself aside to show concern for everyone else situations
Writing this with her on my mind
Hoping that she'll call before I think of the next line
Oh well maybe next lifetime like Badu once sang
Or was that lil birdie saying love of my life
Which is highly unlikely like winning a gunfight with a knife
I'm Derek all day baby I'm just playing my part
No need to write from the blackberry, my words come from the heart
Once again, for you I opened the book
Turned the pages, now the question is do you even care to look?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an excellent poet. And I sure hope she called, she's missing out if she didn't.