7.03.2009

Ten Jay-Z Songs.

This blog is done in conjunction with the homie @Neo_Tha_One on Twitter. So happened that for a few weeks, we would be posting mad Jay-Z songs and just our thoughts on them. So I hit him up and asked him to list ten Jay-Z joints that are hot. He posted his list(I see with have some similarites) and here's mines in no particular order:

1. Regrets - One of my favorite songs off of Reasonable Doubt. The last verse is the one of the best he's spit in my memory.

2. Allure - The Neptunes did their thing on this beat. Jay-Z murdered the track. I like when on Fade To Black when he first heard the beat, how he knew that was gonna end up on Black Album.

3. Ignorant Shit - Isley Bros. sample that so many have used. He just put that stamp on it. So many quotables on this track. Yeah I'm usually what they whisper about/either what chick he with or his chip amount.

4. Money, Cash, Hoes feat. DMX - Swizz Beatz on the track. Hov and Dog killed it. Vol. 2 was a constant banger during my Senior Year in High School.

5. U Don't Know(Remix) - This one was tough. The original and remix are both nice but M.O.P. on the BP2 kinda sealed the deal. You dudes is cake, I keep two biscuits on the waist/Razor blades under the tongue, I will eat your face/Appetite for destruction, I am starvin today/Got a money hungry lawyer that'll eat the case

6. Rock Star Freestyle - This was dope as fuck!!!! I played this S. Carter Mixtape until I had to hide it. You can't be me/I'm a rock star/ya'll rhyming from the back of a cop's car/ya'll pointing out niggaz/like there they are.

7. Some People Hate - One of the reason that I can appreciate BP2. I guess it's just the penalty of leadership/I guess I'm what niggaz wanna be and shit/Or niggaz just bored, wanna be in shit/'Fore they get to rappin, start believin it

8. This Can't Be Life (feat. Beanie Sigel & Scarface) - song is deep on so many levels.

9. A Million & One Questions (Remix) - The original is like a minute and some change. This should've been a just a regular song.

10. Murder Murder Marcyville (feat. Beanie Sigel, Memphis Bleek) - Back when Jay-Z called rappers out.. Sigel and Bleek when in as well.



1 comments:

mrallenakaneo said...

I agree with each and every song you listed, from the selections to all the reason behind the songs themselves, I see we are eye to eye with our admiration for the boy Jay-Z. It's crazy because you like the songs for the same exact reasons why I like them...good shit D...damn it took a lot of energy and time but I think our 20 is a good representation of the quality of his music.