12.06.2008

Thoughts Via Songs..

"And where are you now
Now that i need you
Tears on my pillow
Wherever you go
Cry me a river that leads to your oceans
You'll never see me fall apart" - Bee Gees "Emotions"

Well I was listening to the version that Destiny's Child remade. This song is in fact very emotional. I never let anyone see me fall apart.

"When you look at me things ain't what it seems.
God's got a hold on me.
I've been down on luck.
There and back again.
Yeah, he still cares.
Praise and mercy.
Carry to his name." - Lil Mo "Dotted I(I'm Not Perfect)"

Reminds me of when I do actually go to church. Just know that HE is watching over all of us, no matter how we may live our life.

"If I could take this back I would
If I could rewind the time to when it was all good
I would, take it back to when we said good-bye
If I..." - Foxy Brown "If I"

So many goodbyes

"Looking for sun, all I see is the hail
How I'm gon' trust? All I see is betrayal
It's like they keep trying more and more to subdue me
And only you understand, signed by yours truly" - Joe Budden "Dear Diary"

This song hits home on so many levels. Especially that "How I'm gon' trust?/All I see is betrayal" line.

"I'm a soldier in this war and I resemble my pops
I ain't nothin like him, that's where this criminal stop" - Memphis Bleek "In My Life"

When I did this before, I think back in May or June, I went in depth as to the relationship with my father and myself. Still haven't spoken to him. I have a unfinished letter that I haven't sent to him yet. *sigh*

0 comments: