12.03.2008

Best Jay-Z Guest Verses. Part 1

So pretty much whenever Jay-Z is featured as a guest on someone's record, I make sure to pay close attention to the track in general. Just because he's been killing it for so long. Now everyone has their opinion on him and basically this is one that I formed on my own while listening to some of his earlier work. These are some of my favorite Jay-Z guest verses that he's done for others(whether it's album, remixes or mixtapes):

- Jay-Z's verse on Amil's "For The Fam".
Favorite lines:

This is much more than rap, it's black entrepreneurship
Clothing, movie, and films, we come to conquer it all
Roc-A-Wear, eighty mill like, eighteen months
You could bullshit wit rap if you want, muthafuckers
When it's all said and done, we gon see what's what

Holla at Hov, I'll be in the cut


- Jay-Z's verse on Big Daddy Kane's "Show And Prove"
Favorite lines:
And ain't no eatin me up, you fast fuckin with jigga
I'm like Prince jeans, I bring the ass out a nigga

- Jay-Z's verse from Freeway's "What We Do"
Lemme get 'em Free
Hov never slackin' mang, zippin' in the black Range
Faster than the red ghost, gettin' ghost wit' Pac-Mang
One-time know a got a knack to get that change
Leader of the black gang, R-O-C mang
Bang like T-Mac, ski mask air it out
Gotta kill witnesses 'cause Free's beard's stickin' out
Y'all don't want no witness shit, we squeeze hammers mang
Bullets breeze by you, like Lousiana mang...
But I gotta feed Tianna mang...
So I move keys you can call me the Piano Man
Rain...sleet, hail...snow man
Slang dough, E, hydro man...

Jay-Z's verse from Juvenile's "Ha(Remix)"
Favorite lines:
You done got yourself in some deep shit
Now you stuck in your house, you gotta peep the remix
You can't go out cuz they gon leave you in a deep ditch
And hit you with the sign if you decide to keep shit
The only reason you alive cuz you read lips
and you drove on the block low in yo' seat an' shit
Seen em mouthin off, they don't need this shit

Jay-Z's verse from Kanye West's "Diamonds From Sierra Leone(Remix)
Favorite lines:
This ain't no tall order, this is nothin' to me
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week
I do this in my sleep
I sold kilos of coke, I'm guessin' I can sell CDs
I'm not a businessman
I'm a business, man
Let me handle my business, damn

Jay-Z's verse from Lil Cease's "4 My Niggaz"
Favorite lines:
BK style (what), see Jay how (uh)
We don't play fair, we play foul
Go head, stand there, we spray crowds
Live from the 7-1-8
If there ever was one great
I'm him, nigga, times ten

Jay-Z's verse from Lil Kim's "Big Momma"
Favorite lines:
Pull a high power Coup make, you jump ship
Leave who you wit', I'm with the Roc-A-Fella crew
Trip you for the cheese, tear your room up
Spread a ill rumor, make you flip on Little Ceas





0 comments: