7.21.2008

Baltimore's Loss Is Heaven's Gain.



On the early morning of Monday, July 21, the City Of Baltimore lost one of our legends. Khia Edgerton a.k.a. DJ K-Swift died after a pool accident at her Northeast Baltimore home. Swift had been a fixture in the Baltimore club scene ever since the 90's. Once you heard that voice and her signature "I'll See You There Baby!", you knew the party was one that you had to attend. She had been a DJ for Baltimore's 92Q(WERQ) for 10 years and held down the 6pm-10pm spot along with Squirrel Wyde. Her death comes as shock to the entire city as she was well liked and she was also apart of the Murder Mami's Crew.

I have two distinct memories of meeting K-Swift. The first was when my cousin and I was heading to Baltimore's "The Tunnel"(Well it used to be called Trilogy's because of the three story club). So we were trying to decide on which club to hit up. So K-Swift was outside and she overheard us and so she was like "Ya'll need to hit the B-Spot(the lower level club) that spot is going to be jumping off." So we was like all right and paid the $10 to get in and had a great time. She was on the wheels and she knew how to get the club jumping off.

The second meeting with K-Swift was when I was working at Wal-Mart in Glen Burnie. At the time I was working in the Photo Lab and I was re-stocking some cameras. So as I'm headed back to the Lab, I see Swift looking around. So I greeted her and she was looking for (in her words) a big ass desk. So being that Wal-Mart policy was that you had to help the customers no matter what, I went and helped her find that "big ass desk". She found what she was looking for and thanked me. I would also see her at the clubs during Friday Night 92Q radio broadcasts (She wanted to cuss so bad...lol) but wherever she was she attracted the crowds.

We're going to miss Baltimore's only Female DJ and the hours between 6pm to 10pm will never be the same again. As I stated throughout the day, Baltimore will forever hold you down. We love you and we miss you.

It's times like these where you should really take the time to cherish your loved ones. Because
they could be gone in an instant and then you'll realize how silly those spats where. Tell them that you love them dearly. A hug and kiss won't hurt either.

0 comments: