7.28.2008

Things Fall Apart..

"we knew from the start that
things fall apart, intentions shatter" - Black Thought "You Got Me"

It's a known fact that relationships, no matter the type, falls apart. Family,
significant other, best friend - they all can end. Some for the best and others for
the worst.

I've been writing a letter to my father for almost three weeks now. I let another pair
of eyes view it and it brought tears to her face. I know there are plenty of others that
are in the same boat that I'm in. I'm looking to repair the bridge as to speak but it's
hard. When you sit there and think about how some of the most important phases of your
life and that main piece of your life wasn't there, it hits you right in the gut. Now
my father did come to my graduation, but I didn't see him. I got a text from my mother
saying that he was there. It would have been nice to just speak to him, even for a
brief moment. So this letter that I'm writing is just to let him know how I feel
about the "relationship" that we have or lack thereof. It's gonna be a tough road to
travel, but someone very close to me said that once I get it out, it will be well
worth it.

Now in the eyes of your significant other, maybe that crumbling state was known from
the start. But being the person that you are, you probably thought that you could
hang on and make it work. I know you that you want to be happy and the fact that
someone is willing to take a chance with you, isn't always for the best. Sometimes it
that unexpected person that you have already known that may turn out to be the best
one for you.

Best friend? Now this one can be a tough one. Now one of my best friends and I had a
talk today. She recently just gotten over a tough situation and we really hadn't spoke
that much in recent weeks. We've had many and many ups and downs. But I just miss the
fun times that we had and just hanging out. The two of us are in different stages
right now but I just hope that this won't be the end of the road as to speak.

So what have we learned? Again, relationships of any sorts can fall apart. It's just do
you feel like grabbing that glue to repair it?

1 comments:

mai. said...

Derek.
I swear you like read my mind and emotions and end up blogging about something that's happening with me.

just stop it will you. =]

But, I guess we all have a comfort zone and once we find it. We want to hold on to it. And go through hell and back and beyond to keep that happiness.

Jesus, now I'm tearing up.

I swear I am going to get you for this <3