7.17.2008

Playing Follow The Leader

"Hanging w/ those scalawags
Then she started sniffing coke
Giving butt all through the hood
Still but of average ho
Catch her down at Secrets where them trap boyz be
Jukin' on the flo (on the flo) catch a nose bleed
Funny thing is those girls that she really wanna be
Steady laugh behind her back calling her a wannabe
Wanna hit it raw all you gotta do is play that Weezy
It's easy wake up in the morning, pop that E-Z
Headed to the White House I ain't talking DC
White girl lost clear as a bottle of Fuji" - Kidz In The Hall "The In-Crowd"

Well I was in a writing mood this evening but I got hit with some bad news. But I'll try to make the most of this blog.

Most of us while growing up, wanted to be accepted so in order to be considered "cool",
you had to do something to prove that you were worthy of such status. Whether it was stealing something, playing a prank or anything else that made you worthy enough, you had to prove that you were cool enough to roll with the crew. Most of the time you got away with it and gained some new friends in the process. But some weren't so lucky. Those ones received punishment from their parents and/or the law enforcement. Which poses another question: Where is that so called crew that was going to have your back?

I didn't worry about fitting in because I was a loner anyway. Plus my mother was strict so if she would've found about me doing some foolishness, that would've been my ass.

0 comments: