7.04.2008

Just Another Over-Commericialized Holiday.

So it is the 4th of July. Where the U.S. gained its freedom from England. But of course that doesn't mean that the Blacks were free either. But I really don't feel like getting political because that really isn't my cup of tea. I'm still I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T. But really the 4th of July is just used to make money for businesses such as Wal-Mart, Home Depot, your local movie theater, supermarket, etc. Pure capitalism. I mean I used to work @ Home Depot and during the 4th they have specials running. So of course, people with money burning in their pockets will run and in the words of Ralph Bellamy SPEND! SPEND! SPEND!(For those few lost on the reference, please watch Trading Places with Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd) If "I Put On" is going to be Jeezy's debut single from The Recession, then it's gonna continue to be another hot summer.




Patriotic? I think not.

0 comments: