4.18.2008

Lauryn Hill Inspired This..


"What you throw out comes back to you, star/Never underestimate those who you scar/Cause karma, karma, karma comes back to you hard!" - Lauryn Hill

We've seen this scene unfold so many times. Whether it's home, school, work, or the internet, folk seem to always have to be negative towards others. I guess it's the chemical balance in the world but whatever. But karma has a way of getting you back. That person may look that way now, but in a few years, that person most likely will improve and it always take something bad to happen in order to make some people humble. But hey that's how folks are and even though it's fucked up that's the way of the world.


"No matter how I think we grow/You always seem to let me know/It ain't workin', It ain't workin' (It ain't workin' !)/And when I try to walk away/You'd hurt yourself to make me stay/This is crazy, this is crazy" - Lauryn Hill


Ex Factor. One of the best songs created. I could never understand that about people and relationships. Like if it's so bad and you know it ain't working out, why still try to hold on? Loyalty isn't always the best option.


"I know you think that you've got it all/And by making other people feel small/makes you think you're unable to fall/But when you do, who you gonna call?
" - Lauryn Hill


Ah yes. This goes back the lost ones comment. Those people that sit around and get their laughs at other people's expense. But when their day of judgment comes and they fall from grace, then they want to be so apologetic.


"Beware the false motives of others/Be careful of those who pretend to be brothers/And you never suppose it's those who are closest to you/To you/They say all the right things, to gain their position/Then use your kindness as their ammunition/to shoot you down in the name of amibition, they do" - Lauryn Hill


"Like Cain and Abel, Caesar and Brutus/Jesus and Judus, backstabbers do this" - Lauryn Hill

They smile in your face, all the time they wanna take your place. Hmm I need to find that old Junior M.A.F.I.A. track. But anyway, you know which backstabbers are the worst? Family. Flesh and Blood. I mean a random friend, I can get over it but family though? That shit cuts deep and hurts for years and years to come.

"But deep in my heart, the answer it was in me/And I made up my mind to define my own destiny" - Lauryn Hill

This is a excellent quote. Basically within your life, you should live it the way that you want to live it. Follow your own goals and dreams, not trying to live your life to be accepted by others. Too many people fail to see that and thus is sucked away.


2 comments:

Egomaniak said...

Nice analysis on Lauren. Post for Post you hit the nail on the head.

Jocey. said...

Ah that's why I love me some Lauren.