4.10.2008

Name Calling

"Name callin' hasn't fallen into what I'm runnin'
I wouldn't dis another sista unless she had it comin'" - Queen Latifah

Well ladies and gentlemen, to the blog that pulls no punches cuz as Em would say, "that's weak shit!" I am your host, Derek and tonight we're going to discuss something that has being a minor effect in our lives but in some cases, it's causes mass hysteria. Name Calling.

Now I know what you few readers are probably thinking: We joke around calling each other names and we being doing that since we were young, etc etc etc. Now I know that's all fine and dandy but something I saw today made me wonder about the motives of others.

So I was heading home from work after a long day. I'm still feeling sick and all(Well not that sick but not completely better.) So we come along to the stop @ Greenmount and 33rd(I know you're probably thinking where the hell is that at...GOOGLE IT!!!) So I see two young ladies and two males walking across the street. Now in this day in age, we all know that certain lifestyles are running rampant, but the one female put her arm around the other female and said something in her ear. The pretty female jerked away and got on the bus and sat down.

Now here comes the point of the blog... Are you ready....I SAID ARE YOU REAAAAAADDDDY

Ok ok I'll stop with the Triple H references...

Well back to the story the dominant female looks towards the pretty female and calls her a "dumb ass bitch". Now had that been a male who came out his mouth like that, ALL HELL WOULD HAVE BROKEN LOOSE.(Ok in some cases, eeeeeehhh maybe not.)

So the pretty female(She was an attractive female. Nice style of dress and all that) sits down and puts her head in her lap. And it looks as if she was about to tear up. But sooner than you can say, OH SHIT THAT OVERRATED I-NET CHICK HAS NUDES!!!!, the pretty female hops off the bus and heads back up the street towards the dominant female. I said, the pretty female hopped her little happy ass off the bus and ran back to the dominant female.

So is that what it takes to keep the ladies in check. We have to degrade you by calling you out of your name. Now I know when we all talk and joke around, it's one thing. But for you to allow that person to call you out of the name your parents gave you and to allow that shit to ride. That's very disrespectful.

Ok so now comes the very, very hard and difficult part for most of you: I WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS! So please read, comment and discuss.

*tosses the mic back to the opponent* Your turn.

1 comments:

Her said...

I think its disgusting that anyone be it man or woman allow someone to disrespect you regardless what way..

The sad thing is, some people respond in a more positive manner to shit that is disrespectful vs respectful.

What is the world turning to?